Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Dear Friends

Dear friends,

I don't really know how to write this post, but I want to try. Trying to think how to begin.....

====================================================

Spare a Fifty?


Update on Elie

Elie Is A Young Man Now

====================================================

If you have been reading my previous posts, you will probably know who Elie is. He is my 'son', a boy from Lebanon whom I have been sponsoring the past five years through World Vision Malaysia. I have written a few posts about him and have shared about how his life has enriched mine. Many times, in ways bigger than what mere 50 ringgit can buy in Malaysia.

Two weeks ago, I received the usual newsletter from World Vision. I could not believe my eyes when I saw Lebanon would be part of the upcoming sponsors' visit in 2010. I was just saying that prayer few months ago!! O_O" Tear of joy were slowly brimming in my eyes, and then it happened..... It is going to cost RM 6,000 - RM 6,500 for that trip! A different type of tears started shedding.....

Where am I to find that kind of fund? How am I able
to save up that much? What am I to do?!

I asked God and I committed it to Him.

Not when I have waited this long, that I am going to let finances to hold me back from this trip.

I have called World Vision Malaysia a couple of time
s to inquire about this trip. They can't provide much details yet, they could only tell me that it will tentatively be in June or July 2010. They will keep me informed about the trip. I told them it would be great if the trip could be confirmed. I could then proceed with fund raising and saving for this trip.

RM 6,500.

=================================
===================

I am not sure who will actually read this post, bu
t I just want to try. I have had strangers stumbling upon this blog. One of them whom I am keeping in touch with. Who would have ever thought, my simple writings would be an encouragement to a family many miles away? Half way around the globe to be exact! =)

Anyway, like I wrote in the beginning, it is a bit hard to write this entry.

I just want to say, if you are reading this and feel or lea
d to share on how I can raise RM 6,500 in a clean and creative way, do let me know.

Or.....

If you would like to sponsor part of the cost of this trip, do let me know too. =)















The Annual Progress Report




Letters from Elie



6 comments:

Amelia said...

hey jecy,

if you cakes/cookies for the fundraising, i can help.

jecy said...

thanks amelia! ^_^ will let you know if i need help.

Unknown said...

hi jecy, i was made aware of your desire to visit your sponsored child in lebanon by molly.
sounds like u do have a heart for god and to empower those less fortunate. we need more young individuals like you to stand up and speak out!!!!

im no sure if u know but i work closely with world vision. in fact, i just came back from India- we visited many slums there. it was a real eye opener, something, i think all ppl should experience at least once in their lives.

anyway, there is a WV event this saturday at 2pm at tropicana city mall. there will be sharing sessions, performances and lots more. so come by if u can.

i will ask them about the Lebanon.

i wish u all the best and i can e-mail you if ur interested to chat more.

xx
deborah

jecy said...

Hi Deborah!

Thanks for the kind comments. Molly is my mom. =)

I am glad you had the exposure trip to India's slums, it reminds us to be thankful for the basic things we so often take for granted in life; food, bed, clothes and shelter. The young people whom I know today are spoilt for choices and material things on which they place their priorities makes me shudder.

Glad to hear that you support and do work closely with World Vision. I truly believe in their work and love the testimonies of different lives being blessed by the sponsorship programme.

Yup, I do know about the event in Tropicana, its been posted on Facebook. I can't make it tho as I have prior appointments.

Thanks again for taking interest in this. =) Would love to hear from you again.

-jecy

Unknown said...

Yo! You see this, I give you RM10 for your trip :P

jecy said...

well, thank you mr low! pass it to me when you see me k.