Monday, December 7, 2009

Philantropist

When I was young, I used to be in awe of the word Philantropist. I used to think they are super wealthy rich people, who gave part of their fortune to a worthy cause like education, vaccination, health care, etc... Names that came to my mind were Bill Gates, Jacky Chan, Lim Goh Tong. I had this little dream that I too wanna be a Philantropist. I've just got to wait till I get rich.

I recently looked up a dictionary to find the meaning of the word "Philanthropy".

It meant "Love of all mankind"

Wow.......

A local magazine recently featured an article of me and about what I do. The title of the article is "From Beauty Queen to Philantropist".

Philantropist. Love of all mankind. Me?

I am humbled just by the thought of it. Me a philantropist? Do I have what it takes?

God. Love for all mankind. Jesus.

Jesus modeled the way. I follow. He gives me what it takes.





1 comment:

Gallivanter said...

Cool, I'm sure the writer, after meeting you in person, felt you deserve such title. Nice one! :-)