Thursday, January 14, 2010

The New Normal?

A New Normal?

Mummy dearest went through an operation few days ago. It was to remove a cancer growth. The very same day in the evening after the operation, she was already eating, walking, talking, laughing, etc....

While I was in the Miss Malaysia pageant, the beneficiary at that time was PRIDE. They did a breast cancer awareness campaign and there were ladies who had breast cancer sharing their stories. Some were really young, like in their 20's?

Many of them had smiles on their faces, and I was kinda puzzled by the outlook. After listening to their stories, I was convinced, "Hey, life goes on. Cancer doesn't stop a person from living."

So yea, when it was confirmed that the growth was malignant, I am really pleased and happy at how mom took it. She was so positive about it, yet also aware how human we are, acknowledging there will be some emotions involved.

Anyway, I like what she said. "Life still goes on!". So yea, still do expect to see her in gym, holidaying, climbing hills, and so on.

I like this one, her own brother said it. "This is a first time I see a cancer patient like you. Still so cheerful and happy."

So tell me, is this the new normal?



No comments: